Multivariate Data Analysis
Multivariate Data Analysis refers to any statistical technique used to analyze data that arises from more than one variable. This essentially models reality where each situation, product, or decision involves more than a single variable. The information age has resulted in masses of data in every field. Despite the quantum of data available, the ability to obtain a clear picture of what is going on and make intelligent decisions is a challenge. When available information is stored in database tables containing rows and columns, Multivariate Analysis can be used to process the information in a meaningful fashion.
Multivariate analysis methods typically used for:
- Consumer and market research
- Quality control and quality assurance across a range of industries such as food and beverage, paint, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, energy, telecommunications, etc
- Process optimization and process control
- Research and development
With Multivariate Analysis you can:
- Obtain a summary or an overview of a table. This analysis is often called Principal Components Analysis or Factor Analysis. In the overview, it is possible to identify the dominant patterns in the data, such as groups, outliers, trends, and so on. The patterns are displayed as two plots
- Analyze groups in the table, how these groups differ, and to which group individual table rows belong. This type of analysis is called Classification and Discriminant Analysis
- Find relationships between columns in data tables, for instance relationships between process operation conditions and product quality. The objective is to use one set of variables (columns) to predict another, for the purpose of optimization, and to find out which columns are important in the relationship. The corresponding analysis is called Multiple Regression Analysis or Partial Least Squares (PLS), depending on the size of the data table
Principal Component Analysis
MVA for Spectral data
Tools for Multivariate Analysis
Among the various, multivariate tools available, The Unscrambler® stands out as an all-in-one multivariate data analysis software product. This product and related ones from CAMO are proven tools that have enabled different organizations solve their Multivariate Analysis requirements.
Get Value out of your data
A complete multivariate data analysis software equipped with powerful methods including PCA, Multivariate Curve Resolution (MCR), PLS regression, Clustering (K-Means) and SIMCA
- Includes comprehensive MVA methods
- Generates data models that can be used for on-line prediction and classification
- Generates data models for faster product and process optimization for applications in
Multivariate Datenanalyse für die Pharma-, Bio- und Prozessanalytik
Das Buches gibt dem Leser die Möglichkeit, sich im Selbststudium oder studienbegleitend in das komplizierte Gebiet der multivariaten Datenanalyse einzuarbeiten.